How Do You Exfoliate Your Body?
Posted on 04 June 2016
Skin Benefits of Exfoliating Your Body
Exfoliating means removing dead skin cells. When you remove all that dead stuff on the surface of your skin, you expose the new and radiant skin underneath. So if you're looking to get a natural glow for the summer season, exfoliating from head to toe is one of the easiest ways to achieve it. Learn how to exfoliate your face with this 7 easy steps.
Many of us scrub our faces but forget about everything below the neck. As the weather heats up and you get bikini-ready, you should exfoliate all over. Exfoliation is also an important step before applying tanning products or when rejuvenating winter-weary skin.
How to Exfoliate Your Body Like A Skin Care Pro?
What You Will Need
- Exfoliating Cleanser
- Loofah, body brush or exfoliating gloves
- Pumice stone
- Body lotion
- Before stepping into the shower, brush your dry skin with your loofah, body brush or exfoliating gloves. This will help remove the loose skin and prepare your skin for the exfoliating process. Begin with the soles of your feet, working your way up your body.
- Get into the shower and wet your body. Don't exfoliate your skin if you are sunburned or have any open cuts or wounds.
- Use a pumice stone on your feet to eliminate rough spots and calluses. If your feet are extremely rough, soak them in a basin of warm water mixed with a cup of milk for 30 minutes before getting into the shower.
- Apply your exfoliating cleanser to your loofah or gloves. Begin scrubbing your body in a circular motion starting with the bottoms of your feet and working your way up. When you reach the bikini area, don't scrub too hard because the skin is very sensitive.
- Use a body brush to exfoliate your back and other hard-to-reach places.
- Be gentle on your face, particularly around your eyes and mouth. Use an exfoliating product especially formulated for the face, which is gentler than products designed to be used on the body.
- Don't forget about your hands. You want them to look and feel soft and smooth too!
- Rinse your body with lukewarm water, and follow with the coldest water you can stand.
- After stepping out of the shower, apply a moisturizing body lotion all over. Don't forget to apply a serum and a facial moisturizers on your face as well.
- Use body moisturizer at least once a day. Exfoliation is drying to the skin, so you must keep your skin hydrated.