5 Natural Ways to Moisturize Your Skin
Posted on 13 December 2017
The skin is an important part of our body. It needs caring and a way to keep it healthy is to moisturize it. Even if every day we wash the skin with water, there are still days that it gets dry. We have different skin types and each of us needs to care for the skin in many different ways.
We all want to look beautiful, and aside from our hair, we also need to care for the skin. It is an obvious part of the body and a big one. There may be times that it is a challenge to care for it especially for those who have dry skin. In order for our skin to look naturally beautiful, here are some tips for naturally moisturizing it.
Use Oils to Moisturize the Skin
You will need any type of oil here. It can be baby oil, coconut oil, or any oil that is available at home. What you need to do is apply the oil all over your body and massage the skin for a minute or two. This way you are able to let the skin absorb the oil quickly. This can be left overnight and take a shower the next morning. It also can work when applied right after a shower. You can do this two to three times a week.
Use Cocoa Butter
This is another way of moisturizing your skin and what you’ll need is cocoa butter. The first thing that you need to do is…
- Shave the cocoa butter and rub it gently on your skin. The cocoa butter will gradually melt due to the friction.
- Right after you have applied this to your desired area of your skin, just leave it on. If the cocoa butter is hard to melt, you just have to melt it on a double-boiler first before applying to skin. This procedure is advisable to be applied twice a week.
The reason why this is effected is that the cocoa butter has saturated fats that can increase the skin’s moisture and elasticity. Polyphenols in cocoa contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory factors. This method has an anti-aging effect on your skin.
Use Milk or Buttermilk
What you will need is cold milk or buttermilk. Here’s how you do it:
- Apply cold milk or buttermilk on the skin and distribute it all over.
- Rinse the cold milk or buttermilk with lukewarm water. You can do this procedure twice a week just before taking a shower. This is effective since both milk and buttermilk can hydrate your skin. These products can work effectively for all skin types. These are absorbed quickly by skin pores and can help in taking away wrinkles. However, if you are allergic to milk or any other dairy products, this method is not advisable to use.
Yes, the avocado fruit can be a helpful agent in order to make your skin look good. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can make avocado your skin’s new best friend.
- Slice the avocado and remove the seed. Slowly mash the fruit so to not leave any lumps from it.
- Right after everything is mashed, gently apply it on your skin
- Leave it there for 10 minutes. Wash it with warm water after. Do this procedure twice a week.
This is an effective procedure because the avocado fruit contains several nutrients that can prevent skin damage. It can leave your skin firm and smooth. Check out more DIY recipes here and learn how to make avocado oil here.
Use Mango Butter
This is another helpful method to make your skin look younger. See steps below:
- You will need mango butter.
- Once you have this, apply mango butter all over your skin and gently massage it in. Leave the mango butter on the skin.
You can apply this method every day or every other day.
Mango butter helps your skin to look younger and firm since it has antioxidants and compounds that will moisturize your skin. This is easily absorbed into the skin. The good thing is it does not leave any greasy residue on your skin.
These are some of the tips on how to moisturize your skin. There are some other ways but these are the ones that I prefer to use since these are natural. do you agree with this list? Leave your comments down below and your favorite natural tricks to keep your skin looking beautiful and health.
When moisturizing your skin, it is important to use the not so harsh moisturizers to avoid skin damage. Exposing the skin to different extremes can actually cause irritation, excess dryness and blood vessel ruptures. Yikes! In order to keep the skin happy, wash and rinse with lukewarm water only.
Take care of your skin since it is an important part of your body. Moisturize it daily and take care of it all the time. You can use sunscreen every day to protect your skin from extreme heat. It is important that you know your skin type so to know what to apply. The skin is delicate and it needs a lot of soft touch in order for it to look and feel beautiful. All you need to do is choose which moisturizing ingredient is the best one for your skin.
Posted by Amanda Landers
Hi, I am Amanda and a passionate beauty aficionado with a burning desire for makeup and skincare products.