DIY Strawberry Facial Scrub To Brighten & Tone
Posted on 03 June 2016
What Makes Strawberries So Good (apart from being delicious)?
Rich source of vitamin C
Vitamin C is good for your skin as it fights free radicals that steal oxygen from healthy cells and destroy collagen. Lack of collagen encourages the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Strawberries are an excellent source of dietary fibre which helps in eliminating harmful toxins in our bodies. Dietary fibre is also useful in regulating bowel movement, thereby preventing constipation. Fibre in strawberries can help you have regular toilet visits, which helps keeping your skin acne and pimple-free!
Folic acid aids in cell regeneration and the production of new cells in our bodies, rejuvenating the skin. The astringent properties of strawberries help treat sagging skin. Check out this strawberry treatment recipe to reduce under-eye puffiness and swelling.
This recipe hinges on live properties of fresh strawberries packed with vitamin C to even and brighten your skin tone and heal and treat acne. Learn more about the benefits of strawberries for your health and skin in this article. Here are some more beauty tips you should definitely know about.
Homemade Strawberry Scrub
You will need:
- almond oil
- fresh strawberries
- a muddler
- an air-tight container
- Tea Tree or Lavender Mint or Lemon Sage Essential Oil
First you’ll need to choose your exfoliant.
We recommend using either white or brown sugar. Sugar is less abrasive than salt because it dissolves more easily. Brown sugar is the best for sensitive skin, because it’s the softest.
Next select your oil.
We chose almond oil, a naturally antibacterial oil that reduces the effect of UVB rays and helps improve skin tone.
For Acne Treatment and extra goodness add a few drops of tea tree essential oils.
We recommend 3: Tea Tree, Lavender Mint and Lemon Sage essential oils which help treat minor acne and skin irritations.
100% pure essential tea tree oil, it's a natural antiseptic known for stirring up the senses, improving memory and having healing properties.
Ease everyday tensions with Lavender Mint Moisturizing Essential Oil enriched with pure Lavender Oil which helps to ease fatigue, headaches and anxiety. Natural Mint Oil helps to bring clarity.
Natural lemon oil refreshes, pure essential sage oil improves memory. Tingly tea tree is a natural antiseptic known for its healing properties.
1. Choose your container, and measure your exfoliant so that the container is 3/4 full.
2. Measure out your oil. You’ll want a 2-to-1 ratio. So, twice as much sugar as oil.
3. Combine oil, a few drops of Tea Tree oil, and sugar in a bowl, and stir until it's all combined.
4. Add in the strawberry chopped, and muddle the mixture together until it's all combined. You don’t want to mix it too much or the granules will start to dissolve.
5. Gradually pour into your storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
6. Apply the scrub gently to your face.
7. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
8. Apply a serum followed by your regular moisturizer to seal the moisture in your skin. Choose one of these products to complete the treatment for dark circles, dark spots and uneven skin tone and efficiently lighten blemishes and acne scars on your skin.
Beauty Wellbeing Tips
Gently, apply it to your lips to lighten dark lips.
Make sure to keep the scrub in the refrigerator if you want it to last a little longer (not your shower).
You May Also Like the Following Articles: DIY Homemade Pineapple Facial Scrub to soothe and calm your skin. Learn how to exfoliate your face and your body like a Pro. 75 Ways how to be prettier overnight.